View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 04:58 AM   #5
trimer
jakesbox

Doesn't keeping the engine and parts clean help keep the motor cooler and better running? I always heard that. I use a bucket of hot water, an old rag and some elbow grease to just wipe it down. First time with all that shmootz is a pain with emptying the bucket a few times, but after that, about every 2 months I give it a fresh wipe down while washing the car. Have never used anything to spray it...just time, effort and energy wiping it.

When the buyer of my first one came over to look...he asked to see it and was floored at how clean it was. I was a proud papa at tht moment. Even though you don't see it doesn't mean it shouldn't be clean!
2003 996 Twin Turbo X50, PCCB, polar silver / 2004 996 Carerra Cabriolet, midnight blue, cinnamon leather, IMS Pro / 2003 Artic Silver Boxster - Short Throw Shift, IMS Upgrade, Carerra Light Wheels, De-Snorked with Evoms Cold Air Intake, GHL Exhaust (Sold) / 2002 Seal Grey Boxster - Fabspeed Exhaust, Black powder coated wheels, Porsche stripes (Sold) / 2 -1957 356 A Speedsters (signal red and seal grey) (Sold) / 1989 944 Turbo (m030 S options)
trimer is offline   Reply With Quote