View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 07:42 AM   #14
Dave S.

Back in 2008 I looked at 4 Boxsters before finding the right one. I didn't need a PPI to know that 2 of them were total POS. Then I found a cherry 2003 S model about 120 miles from here on Craigslist. Got tons of photos, spoke to the owner several times and made him a low offer that he finally took a few days later.
Met him at one of my bank branches about 1/2 between our locations. It was the first time I'd actually seen the car. The car was like new, with 14k miles on it Seal Grey, with Grey interior and the exact options that were on my must have list. Still smelled like a new car, looked perfect and drove perfect, still had the original tires on it (the rears were ready for replacement).
I bought it and then brought it to a dealer about a week later for fluid changes and inspection and the mechanic came out and told me it was the cleanest used Boxster he'd ever seen. He walked me out to the shop so I could see it on the lift. It wasn't even dusty underneath, not a spec of oil or dirt anywhere to be seen. Looked brand new even from underneath it. Everything checked out ok. Whew! I got lucky.