View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 02:49 PM   #6
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche9 View Post
I've seen and number of you have dropped in 3.4 and 3.6 motors (yes there is the LS option but want to keep this thread pure Porsche power) into your Boxster. In retrospect was it worth the time and expense? Did some of you do it just to make things as it should have been from the factory? Tell us your story.
I wanted more power from my 2000 Box "S" using the original engine, so I wouldn't have to write a supplementary service manual to go with it. Boxster engines are identical to same year 996 engines except for the cylinder size. Once LN released the parts needed to enlarge the cylinders & pistons I began planning to install them in my engine. When Jake Raby announced his M96 engine rebuild class in 2009 I was the 4th person to signup. I believe this method leads to the best end result.

Last edited by BYprodriver; 03-11-2014 at 02:54 PM. Reason: sorry for the gap my wireless keyboard is dying
BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote