View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 11:21 AM   #4
landrovered

Garage
Yes a turbo S would be the choice for ultimate speed and cheaper in the long run IMO. You could embarrass a lot of other car owners with a 986 or 987 turbo 3.4.

I rode in a friends 3.6 996 Turbo and nothing that is naturally aspirated can do that, nothing. I also drove a slant nose a while back and that thing made the lights turn into lines like warp speed on star trek and it was a 3.3L. Unfortunately I found both of them nauseating as a passenger, driving is a different story but you better know where you are going when you hit the skinny pedal because you are going to get there really really soon.

I love the linearity of larger displacement but in my car the Variocam plus takes a small amount of linearity out of the equation... with a single mass flywheel you can feel the cam change modes at 3100 rpms. The dual mass has made that notch in the curves smooth out a lot but the engine does not rev as quickly now either.

Thanks for the compliments and I have thought about a big wing but the car has some of that old school Porsche sleekness about it and I like that.