View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 08:55 AM   #2
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by newob View Post
Ok so I know this has been covered, and I have read the other posts... But I took out my racing seats and when I did I disconnected the seat belt wiring. I did not take the battery out, and now since I have placed the seats back in the car, the airbag light is on. I read that you need to have the light cleared by a "durametric pst2"? I was just curious how much it would be to buy one of these, where to buy them, and how exspensive is would be to have the dealer do it. Maybe there is a different way to clear it?

*Update*
I found this cable that comes with a program off of amazon that says it can do it. I know it's a cheap Chinese product but would it work? I called the dealer and they quoted me $132.00.
Rather than spend the average $100 that dealers charge to take 5 min. and clear the light, why don't you put the money towards buying a tool you will have forever?

Don't waste you time with Chinese knock off crap, buy the real thing. A PWIS cost as much as the down payment on a house so don't even think about that, the PST II will clear the light but is woefully out of date as well as expensive, so look at the Durametric software. You can buy it directly from their website. Used ones also turn up from time to time.

Last edited by JFP in PA; 03-12-2014 at 02:52 AM.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote