View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 09:55 PM   #76
Timco
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawleyD View Post
I'm not an avid shooter myself, but know how to handle firearms well.

But I just wanted to make one remark about your above quote, no harm intended..

You might not be aware that when the United States of America was founded, our forefathers wrote into our Constitution that citizens shall always have the right to bear arms, and this was NOT for hunting, shooting sport, etc. It was so we would always have the means to resist our government if/when they try to take away our rights and freedoms as citizens.

Most non US citizens might not understand, but this is the basis of why we are very fond of our guns. They form the core of our freedom and we are very proud, not ashamed, of that fact.
Military-style assault weaponry.....lol, it's a semi-automatic rifle. Like 'banana clips' or 'high-speed ammo' or 'the folding thing that goes up'?

I guess our constitution isn't a "good reason" to some. Why others care that I go to a range and discharge that rifle (slowly, no rapid fire allowed) is beyond me.....

Why own or have available to the public a car that can exceed any speed limit in this nation?? I don't see any good reason. Sounds like we need a(nother) law....
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote