View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 06:11 AM   #3
RandallNeighbour

My mechanic says flush the brake fluid out every time you put pads and/or pads and rotors on the car. It's not terribly expensive stuff, and it keeps the car safe to drive at high speeds.

I would agree that you should not let Midas or another chain do a brake job on your boxster. While it's actually quite simple to change the pads, requiring simple hand tools and a jack, the employees and managers of these chains have no familiarity with the car, and therefore, will be experimenting on YOUR baby when you bring it in. That's not a risk I would personally take!

Find a good independent Porsche mechanic and arrange to drop the car off on a Thursday night and get a lift to work while they do your brakes on Friday. Pads take about an hour total.

PS - Just as an FYI, the brake discs are usually changed out every other pad change... and Porsche does not recommend turning them (grinding down the grooves). I do hope yours aren't worn too thin! Mine are just about gone and will have to be replaced at the end of this year I'm guessing.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote