View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 10:25 AM   #67
Lobo1186

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesp View Post
This is a Winchester model 1903 .22 Automatic. The serial number on this gun shows it was manufactured in 1913. The ammunition for this gun is not a standard .22 round. it is called ".22 automatic" and has not been mass produced since 1932. There still are specialty runs made so I have plenty of ammunition for it. The Pic below shows the difference:

So this is a semi-automatic rifle produced well before The Great War. It must have been the IPOD of it's day. Winchester chose to change the ammunition to set this gun apart from the crowd, which may have been what eventually killed this model. It is an absolute joy to shoot.

And I have to say some folks have really got their panties in a twist over this post! Reading the old "compensating" cliche was hilarious. I grew up with guns and gun safety, so to me they are a tool, like a hammer or wrench. I see nothing wrong with a conversation on how to carry them in a Boxster. I'll be doing that myself next time I go out to the range, after I change out a heater core, and a newly leaking left radiator that is...
It looks fun and I was way off. Very cool. I read on wiki that it was the first semi auto by winchester.

any possibility you will do a center radiator mod while you are in there? or maybe the center radiator hidden missile launcher mod from earlier in the thread?
Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote