View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 09:11 AM   #65
Timco
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_T View Post
Guns, especially assault rifles, are a very contentious topic. They tend to bring out very strong feelings in people, both for and against, as is clearly evidenced by this thread.

Tim, I have found myself in agreement with just about everything you have ever posted in this forum. We seem to think alike on a great many topics but here we seem to have hit a topic we would be wise to avoid, as there will not be a middle ground for us. Sorry for getting personal about it. It was disrespectful of me and you did not deserve that.

Btw, I also did gunsmithing as a sideline, but mainly just shotgun performance mods and handgun action tuning, never rifles. And I'm wickedly fast with a Winchester pump.

Peace dude
Same back at ya bro. I don't discuss politics with any customers for a reason and really do respect others feelings. I will never be that guy with an AR15 on his back at Walmart. Mr Nugent and other fanatics make all of us look bad when in fact I don't even hunt. It's a hobby for me and yes, I have two pistols I consider self defense, I'm not making the stretch that owning semi auto rifles is for protection. The laws here allow it and I enjoy the upkeep and sport in general.

In fact, I am the NRA's worst enemy because I own a very well rounded collection of firearms but do think its way too easy to transfer guns and the AR/AK platforms are a very capable gun to put it that way. I don't have the answers but enforcing existing laws is always a good start.

I'm sure OP meant no offense, and it's easy to call someone obsessed when to us its just a simple right and no big deal.

Sorry to go all Nugent on you! I enjoy this site and your posts as well as PW. We just need to agree to disagree, which I'm good with.

Oh, and Ted is a poacher. The biggest POS around.

Last edited by Timco; 03-07-2014 at 09:14 AM.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote