View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 08:12 AM   #57
Lobo1186

Garage
Quote:
I'm also betting my cred as a sport shooter tops yours by a long shot - 1990 Canadian champion, standard pistol; 1990 Western Canada Summer Games provincial pistol team; 1988 provincial champion, free pistol; Manitoba provincial pistol team, 88 - 91. Further, I spent 3 years working for the RCMP in the capacity of Assistant Chief Firearms Officer. I hold a master instructor designation for the Canadian Firearms Safety Course, and I am an approved firearms verifier. It's just possible that I might know a thing or two about firearms
Cool stuff man, really it is. I wish I had the time to compete. You definitely are distinguished in the marksmanship arena.

I will completely stand by my previous assertion that AR platform makes for great marksmanship rifles. You must know because of your experience that even if an AR could not compete in a standard known distance traditional match (which it can, competition grade ARs are all over the place case in point mine is ) ... 3 gun shooting competition has completely taken off to which the AR style weapons are king. Shooting culture has evolved in the last 10 years.

As to what are my qualifications to be so bold to disagree? I'll just leave it at I am a Boxster-phile who also loves American weapons.

Quote:
Another American tendency - get your panties in a twist at the slightest perceived criticism of your gun obsession. I'll bet you're a big Ted Nugent fan
IDK, maybe the ad hominems that you lace with your commentary are a part of it. I find it insulting and ironic that you feel you can judge the size of someones junk based on the rifles they like. The irony being we are on a Porsche forum where the rest of the world thinks that of us because the cars we drive...
Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote