View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 07:51 AM   #55
Mark_T

Easy there, Timmy, already said I'm not offended and have owned many firearms in my time (Another American tendency - get your panties in a twist at the slightest perceived criticism of your gun obsession. I'll bet you're a big Ted Nugent fan)

I'm also betting my cred as a sport shooter tops yours by a long shot - 1990 Canadian champion, standard pistol; 1990 Western Canada Summer Games provincial pistol team; 1988 provincial champion, free pistol; Manitoba provincial pistol team, 88 - 91. Further, I spent 3 years working for the RCMP in the capacity of Assistant Chief Firearms Officer. I hold a master instructor designation for the Canadian Firearms Safety Course, and I am an approved firearms verifier. It's just possible that I might know a thing or two about firearms.

My only bone of contention here is, as stated above, is I don't see any good reason for military-style assault weaponry to be in private hands. It's my opinion, which last time I checked I am entitled to, that the risk outweighs any possible benefit. How many more high school slaughters have to happen before you people get this?