View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 04:13 PM   #1
Perfectlap

How do you pay for big repairs?

So last year I spent about $6K on repairs. Although I will admit to having a Jet Blue credit card, as a matter of principle I make every effort to avoid the credit card industry -- I'm convinced that no matter the perks, you will never enter into a worse agreement once you've read the fine print. All for the privilege of letting them make money on your purchases. I previously had an Amex for over 15 years but got tired of paying $350 every year when nearly everything they offer I can get somewhere else without paying a dime. My mechanic will actually take a check but maybe I'm not that old school... I once paid a $5K invoice in cash but that seemed like an unecessary risk, although I do carry a utility knife.

So how do you pay the big ones? bitcoins?

p.s.
on second thought.. investment account agreements that require you to give up your rights to bring action in civil courts (in favor of heavily pro-defendant arbitrations), in the event that they screw you over royally, are actually worse than the credit card agreements so I take that back.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote