View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 05:49 PM   #16
LAP1DOUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodabear View Post
Michelen sport pilots have a 300 wear rating and are plenty sticky for any street use. If you need the extra traction for "safety" you are driving over your head.

As far as "fun" can't answer that as I have not had fun driving "fast"in street cars for years' there, because frankly all street cars are dog slow. .. But then I have a racecar that pulls close to 3gs and can lap laguna seca faster than any porsche ever built has except for 3... 962, rs spyder, and gt1. So my perspective on fast is vastly different from most
I generally agree with Koda, with decent tires and suspension, there is no curve on the street that will truly challenge a well driven 986 at any sane street speed. So, get some kid of decent Michelins, or BFG's and just enjoy the ride and the long tire life. But, if you want to ever auto-x or track, you need an entirely different level to be competitive.

Hey Koda, that looks like a Van Diemen FC in your avatar. I can't believe the excellent values available on these now. I'm an old S2000 guy, but they have gone out of sight, so I'm starting to look for an RF92+. Any suggestions?

986S
991S
Van Diemen RF97
LAP1DOUG is offline   Reply With Quote