View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 08:50 AM   #12
eicheldp

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave S. View Post
I'm going with the Continental Extreme Contact DWS All Seasons this time. A friend of mine put them on his 993 a few years ago and they still look like new and handle well.
I only drive my car in summer, never track it, and I live in the mountains of Colorado, where you can get snow in any month of the year, so I prefer to have an all season tire.
I have the DWS's on my daily driver and am not impressed with the tread wear. I travel 100 miles RT of highway driving on the toll way and my first set went bald after 20,000 miles. My dealer rotated the tires every 5000 miles and performed an alignment at installation.

Offered me a new set @ 40% off and now I have 4/10 tread depth after 22,000 miles. I may not be going back to these since they are supposed to have a 50,000 mile warranty.

Looking at Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3 for the 04 Boxster S. Have the same tread as the PSS, tirerack has them rated close to the performance of the PSS and they have a 50,000 mile warranty. Also less expensive than the PSS.