Thread: Mustang Run In
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 04:55 PM   #5
PorscheBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb92563 View Post
Being first in line at a red light is always an invitation to a full performance takeoff up to the speed limit plus 10%.

I even do that on a 35mph limit stretch because its just plain fun. Yes I check intersections carefully before doing so, and abstain if it looks at all questionable.

every now and then someone feels they need to show me something and blow by at a ridiculous speed. A couple times an even faster car with lights flashing is in hot pursuit and I find them pulled over getting a chewing out and a ticket.

I dont race because most young inexperienced kids that do in powerful cars can't control the car properly and you will be lucky not to get wrecked when they wander all over the road.

Its cool though like you said to se that a Boxster does more than alright even in a straight line against more HP.

I attribute that to the lighter weight, so get next to a Miata and you will see how much weight matters

Mustang GT 3300 lbs
986 2800
Miata 2300
Yeah those Miata's probably don't do half bad. But id like to think we would walk away from one.

Billy Boat Muffler
ROW M030 Suspension
LNE IMSB
PorscheBound is offline   Reply With Quote