View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 09:04 AM   #12
pierre shags

Many people can't remember their dreams. Smoking pot reduces either dreaming itself or remembering.

As a psych major I read some books in the '70s and got much better at remembering - mostly by writing them down immediately on awakening. But it also helps to not move or turn over when you wake.

Most exciting are lucid dreams, where you are aware of dreaming while dreaming. Then you can exert some control. There are some books on lucid dreaming out now. I set myself some goals for dreaming and thought about them during the day and as I went to sleep. I wanted to dream: about my dead parents, have sex in a dream (always thought it was neurotic that I never got laid in dreams - too married I guess), get in a fight, and of course fly. Had real results within a week.

Rapid motion through space elates one; so does notoriety; so does the possession of money.
pierre shags is offline   Reply With Quote