View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 02:37 AM   #18
evan9eleven
2004 Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
Okay lay it on us. What's a decent SC going for over there?

They seem to be creeping past ~$25K lately. These were $15K cars not long ago.
Here's one with a couple of bids at $22K and some engine work.

Porsche 911 SC | eBay

Well, for starters the exchange rate NOK-USD really makes any comparison way out of balance. Also, new and imported used cars are heavily taxed, so anything in the used market will pass those costs on to future buyers.

An SC like the one you linked to on ebay might be in the neighborhood of $50K, while a project car could be as cheap as $15K. The blue SC is about in the middle of those two, which with all the work and new motor make it pretty fair, actually.

I looked at an '86 3.2 recently that ran but was rusty and not original, not even Fuchs. $26K for a total project car. 964s and 993s are wicked expensive, with the 993s going for $90K and up... way up. Its not just demand, the new car taxes I mentioned getting passed on make up a good chunk as well. Cars older then 30 years get a break, so you can do well importing these now if you find a good one... this will naturally lead to more Carreras showing up here in the next few years. That said, I still like this SC.

And finally, I looked for a Boxster S just for your entertainment. A clean 2004 with about 45' miles is selling for... hold your breath... 62 grand! Don't get me started...

Last edited by evan9eleven; 03-11-2014 at 08:47 AM.
evan9eleven is offline   Reply With Quote