View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 04:22 PM   #16
rfuerst911sc

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan9eleven View Post
Nice! Please tell me about how much of a PITA the carburetor retrofit was, how the power is now, the experience of backdating it, and of course, pictures please!
The carburetor retrofit was no problem at all they fit like a glove and were 95 % tuned right out of the box. PMO does a great job making a modern carburetor. I've had them on now for about 4 years and haven't touched them. Motor is stock internally so the CIS pistons/cams not optimal for carbs but she scoots along just fine. The backdating was fun I have a set of " one off " custom front/rear bumpers they are the only ones ever made in the world ! I bought them off a guy on Pelican Parts who is a jack of all trades with fiberglass being one of them. He built the bumpers for his own car but then someone in the family ran into health issues and he had to raise some cash so I bought them. They fit perfect I had no modifications to make other than exhaust cut outs. The fiberglass ducktail was bought used locally. Here are a couple of pics she's quartz gray in color unique to model year 1983 only.

rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote