View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 07:38 AM   #17
BruceH

Garage
There are a lot of Porsche owners who need more than two seats for a second vehicle. The Cayenne and now the Macan fit that need. The bonus is Porsche builds these vehicles with Porsche DNA. I can remember one review of the Cayenne where the reviewer has a stretch of field behind his house where he reviews SUV's. His comment was that he couldn't believe he had the Cayenne up to 100mph in a field without a problem. There are many other reviews out there that mention the limited body roll and performance of the Cayenne. I currently have a Toyota Tundra that handles my need for extra seats and hauling but I hate driving it now because of the handling, and it handles well, for a truck. I am beginning to think of getting a Cayenne instead of the Tundra and maybe a small trailer for when I need to do some hauling. Instead of diluting the brand, I feel they are enhancing the brand. Imagine a guy who buys a Cayenne or Macan to haul the family around and has never driven a Porsche before. He can only imagine what a 911 or Boxster/Cayman drives like if an SUV can handle that well. Now, if they would only build a truck, that would be perfect

Oh, and I think it is awesome that an 18 year old can drive one to school. I wish I could have! Think of all the other kids that will be influenced. Most think a Porsche is out of their reach. Oops, 18 year olds can't have a beer, so we will make it root beer!
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote