Thread: The First 48
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 07:13 AM   #6
scottvd

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate 01 View Post
Get it on Scott, way to go Oakdale dude.

Did you have someone (who did you use?) paint the bumperettes or did you diy? If they treated you right, I may have some work I'd like them to do for me as well.

Looks good and it looks like you have put a few bucks into the sled.

And nice MaxLift, I'm jealous

Also, did you have any fitment issues with the M2 exhaust, I read that some people have real problems trying to get things to line up correctly?
After comparing the cost to DIY the rear bumperettes the right way there wasn't much cost savings after buying all the junk you need compared to getting them pro done from bumperplugs.com

I was happy with the quality of their work, plus I ordered the front license plate plugs and the driver door keyhole plug, looks much better IMO.

Zero problems fitting the exhaust stuff (M2 and fabspeed). The biggest challenge was removing the stock muffler with the bumper still attached- there are two bolts on the top connected to the transmission mount. Once you get the nuts off it takes a bit of persuasion to tip the muffler out- I had to firmly press and flex the top bar of the muffler where the top two bolts are attached away from the transmission mount to get the bolt shanks to come completely out if the mounting holes. Hard to explain if you haven't done the job but if you're in the middle of doing the work this will make sense! but then adding in the m2 was cake. It's so much smaller and lightweight.