View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 07:20 AM   #22
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche9 View Post
Have any of you read the article "Shades of 1978" in the February Panomara magazine? Are you a Technologist or a Simplifier? I'm a Simplifier and my non-PASM 6 speed manual Boxster S fits my needs perfectly. Even though the Boxster is a better car in almost every way then my old SC I still miss how simple and visceral that car was compared to the Boxster. I just don't ever see myself owning a PDK Porsche or Porsche with all the drivers aids. While they often are superior numbers cars and the Technologist love them for me it is about the driving experience a Porsche offers. I hope Porsche will continue to offer drivers cars but right now I'm a little concerned with the direction Porsche is going.

Are you a Technologist or a Simplifier? Is your Boxster the best Porsche drivers car or will you one day go for a newer more technology laden Porsche?
Simplifier! Hate these new cars where you have to push 2 or more buttons to achieve 1 function. I love the simple interior in my 2000 "S". Also love it's front lights integrated into 1 unit, limiting further paint interruptions. Hate cars where you have to control everything from a central touch screen. Eliminate the middle man!