View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 06:18 AM   #21
black_box
DIY extremist

For me, the tech is great as long as it's controllable.

I've been injured very badly in a crash (I was hit broadside on a motorbike by a driver going too fast and lost control of a 4000 lb 90s sedan) and nearly lost my left leg. Not getting hurt again is a big priority, which is why I switched from Ducati to Porsche.

When I am out in the world, it's nice to have some aids to keep things from getting hairy. I am really happy to have PSM in my '08 Box S for the street. I've taken it out to big empty parking lot and tried to get it to lose control. It doesn't, even when cranking the wheel at 50 MPH, as long as the PSM is on. Turn if off and.... time for autocross!

Seriously though, give me all the stability related gizmos, please. Leave them on for the street and off on the track. I like fast cars, and have never come close to crashing one, but you never know what's going to happen when you roll the dice with other drivers and road conditions.

My $0.02...
black_box is offline   Reply With Quote