View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 02:34 PM   #13
Obertelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipanic View Post
Keep in mind the Tiptronic can be very expensive if it goes bad (ask me how I know...). I have a Tip and a 6 speed S, the Tip is better for "cruising" and gas mileage, the manual is more fun & exciting during spirited driving, less fun in traffic jams. If the car you choose does not have records, I would consider replacing water pump & belts a priority and plan to either install IMS Guardian or just have the bearing replaced. The Tiptronic cars also cost more for IMS/RMS work due to the longer time to R+R the tranny. Personally, I would also try to find a car with mileage 100k or lower. Any car with 150k on it will have a constant stream of parts wearing out if the previous owner has not done much work on the car.
Thanks, Taipanic.

I've just bought a 2002 2.7 Tip S with 68k miles. In the last year it's had new tyres and a new water pump, and yesterday the previous owner had a new plastic window sewn into the roof after cracking the old one demonstrating the roof on a cold day.

It's in incredible condition with just a few minor points to sort out and drives like a brand-new car.
Obertelli is offline   Reply With Quote