View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 10:37 AM   #1
uladzislau

Oil filler tube replacement

Guys, I have recently (yesterday ) replaced my oil filler tube - the one that goes from the trunk to the engine and has a corrugated section (P/N 99610725403). The new tube I've ordered is a bit different from the original one and I know that Porsche has changed the part number for both the filling tube and the filling pipe. The filling pipe is а plastic 90-degree angled elbow that's bolted to the engine block (P/N 99610715005).

See #15 and #19 on this schematic. I can't fully fit them together.

Anyway, I was not able to fully push the new oil fill tube onto the original oil fill pipe. It is possible that the design has changed a bit and it's impossible now. It sits tight and I've put the original clamp on it, I don't think I have any air leaks. If I try to push harder I may break the oil fill pipe at the side of the engine and then it will hell of a lot of troubles to replace - I've read another post on this forum from somebody who's broken the pipe.

So my question to you guys, if you have replaced the tube were you able to fully push it onto the original filling pipe? And if yes - how? Anyone with experience replacing it? Taking into account that the oil tube is a common issue many of us supposedly went through the process already . Thanks!

See the small gap between tubes.
uladzislau is offline   Reply With Quote