View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 05:31 AM   #11
bobbypie

Hi Yvonne,

I wonder how you got on with this problem, as I am experiencing exactly the same issue, key fob needs resetting so i have to open the door manually and then put key in the ignition before the alarm goes off, then unlock the central locking system. The car has recently been left whilst away and something set the alarm off, so the battery ran flat and i am now experiencing the same issues as you had.

My car is 2000 and does not have the red tag for helping with the bonnet situ, but I have phoned a porsche garage who kindly told me to remove the C3 fuse and use the jump leads the same way, but connect a wire to the C3 fuse to unlock the central locking. This hasn't worked, I thought it had when the windows started going down, but then the alarm started, and again, I have the same issues as you. No matter how many different ways of using the key, dash, unlocking, locking etc, the key in the door doesn't release the central locking system for the bonnet to pop. I do hear a constant clicking sound when i try to use the key and unlock the cls, not sure if that helps anyone. I thought I'd give this forum a crack before i contact the garage and get the car towed. Also as a matter of interest what kind of cost am i looking at to sort this out?

I, like you, are peppered at the moment

thanks a lot in advance for any help you or anyone else might have!
bobbypie is offline   Reply With Quote