View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 12:59 PM   #16
Perfectlap

You'll look at those sim racing games very differently once you've had proper driving instruction vs. the way you viewed them before having it. It's not really the game play but more so the visual cues that you didn't pick up on before.

And I don't think they help the way one would think. For instance a driver like Jann Mardenborough who went from GT Academy to "F2", or one step away from Formula One, in an astoudning blink of an eye was simply going to be fast the moment he got into the car even if he'd never picked up a game console. That was simply the lure to get a quick driver into an actual car for the first time. The game will not teach you drive, because driving is about execution after you've been told exactly what to do --which can only be proven in the car. When a driver's senses are being flooded and distracted with the things that a game can not recreate, many look ordinary very quickly.

Actually I think I spent more time sitting their watching the computer's replay of how the lap was supposed to be driven than actually playing the game. But that's partly due to my not having one of those $1k "rigs" and becoming bored quickly with the Logitech wheel and pedals which are nothing like real life.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 02-10-2014 at 01:04 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote