View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 04:59 PM   #1
Brian0icu812

Unhappy Weird Issue: Not turning over... Tried everything

As the title states wont start but here's the details.

So i bought a 98 with a bad motor and swapped a good one in (both 2.5 ect). Everything worked fine for a few weeks while in the garage but after pulling it forward and back a few times it wont start at all now. I replaced my ignition switch (the mechanical and electrical) with a known working one out of my old wrecked car. I can jump the starter and it turns over (doesnt fire) and sparks so its not the starter.

Is there a fuse or relay for the starter? would it be the clutch sensor not working (meaning it thinks the clutch isnt engaged?). I just dont understand how everything works fine then nothing.

Interior lights all work, headlights ect, the battery is charged. snt

Any ideas on what to check? it started easy before and now jumping the starter isnt starting so im thinking the fuel pump ect isnt kicking on. I never replaced the black electrical box on the ignition, i think its the immobilizer. Could that be the issue as its the same original one.

Thanks guys and if you can help and need parts let me know i have a wrecked one i parted out that id be willing to help you out in return.

Thanks Brian
Brian0icu812 is offline   Reply With Quote