View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 02:26 PM   #19
993innc

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAP1DOUG View Post
If you don't have any shims installed, the GT3 type arms are the same length as your stock arms. On the GT3 type arms, the inside bushing housing is a separate piece that bolts to the rest of the arm, and you add shims as needed where these two pieces bolt together to make the overall control arm length anything that you want (within reason).

The real limitation with camber plates on these cars is that the nut on top of the strut runs into the body as you slide the top in to gain negative camber. The GT3 type arms obviously don't have this issue, and you can gain caster adjustment, and eliminate or reduce the rubber bushing deflection depending on which brand you go with.

I used to be a BMW camber plate guy myself, so don't worry about making the change from being a plate guy to an arm guy.
I don't mean to seem like a complete tard, but might you have pictures of what you are talking about as it pertains to shims etc? This is all new to me. I'm a picture and diagram kind a guy :-) my car is, at the moment, a stock box I'm slowly going to transform. But these ideas are new territory. I only got to PSS9's on my 993, it was a dual purpose car. This one is track duty only but only occasionally. How can I set it up to drive 9/10ths without going crazy. That's what I'm after. I'm ok with a set if tires an event.
993innc is offline   Reply With Quote