View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 05:19 AM   #57
Timco
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesp View Post
It just depends on how the folks in the forum want it run. I consider myself one of the 1% because I say exactly what I believe. Imagine that. I try to be nice about it, but I don't bow down to anyone's alter, no matter how technically accomplished they might be. That's not to say I don't appreciate and value their ideas. There are a select group of posters on this forum that are clearly highly professional and experts on the Porsche Boxster, and it's fantastic that they share their ideas here, even if it is with a little self promotion. That said, all the ideas posted have value, all of us together are smarter than any one of us alone. And as for the hand wringing / group hug session, go ahead and get started without me.

The water pump is waiting to bite you in the a$$ after all this posting. If it wasn't going to fail, it is now!
But, I thought it was the IMS that we were supposed to run right out and swap same day??!! Now I'm hearing it's the water pump?????

I just can't understand why each owner is being given the option to swap this stuff or not in their own cars in this day and age. With .gov making rules for everything we do, and with all the knowledge we have today, these preemptive fixes should be law. Remember, the NSA doesn't know the owner of each car, just wether the IMS and WP have been changed in it....
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote