Thread: Timeless design
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 04:13 PM   #20
TripleTrophy

Garage
I don't know about becoming a classic, or not, and don't much care. I do believe the lines of the car are sensual and absolutely fantastic. With everyone's predictions of driverless cars (as opposed to the current zombie drivers) and the death of manuals, I do believe there will be an appreciation in 10-20 years. However, I will be too busy enjoying mine to worry about that. I would have taken either a 986 or a 987, but found a 987 first. I do like the side scoops a bit better, feeling they are more proportioned. And I like both versions better than the current.

With regards to design vs. function, I have a '07 Triumph Trophy and a '11 Ducati Multistrada. The Trophy has sensual flowing lines, and gets much more attention when I am out on it that the Duc, despite the Ducati being a much more modern and sophisticated bike. So, people appreciate style.

BTW, in '76 my brother and I had a line on a Daytona with the hemi. $2600. We thought about it, but were both students and figured we a) couldn't afford the gas and b) would probably wreck it. In retrospect, much as I like to think we would still have it, we were probably right - and be contributors to the appreciating value.
TripleTrophy is offline   Reply With Quote