View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 12:15 PM   #4
san rensho

Its not too hard, but a bit time consuming. You have to take off both engine covers and jack the car up. It also makes it a lot easier if you take off the trunk hatch so that you can climb in the trunk which gives much easier access to everything.

Under the left side intake is the valve, it has an electrical connector that has a wire spring that holds it on. just push down on the wire and the connector comes off. Then, with 45 degree needle nose pliers, loosen the clamp that holds the hose going to the throttle body and slide the clamp well clear and take off the hose. You will probably have to use a screw driver to help pry the hose off the valve.

Next is the most difficult part. There is a plastic piece that holds the hard plastic hose on the valve against the underside of the intake manifold. It is absolutely impossible to remove the nut that releases the hose. I ended up jut breaking it off, but beware, the plastic piece is molded into the intake manifold and you might crack the manifold, but I had no problem.

Next, you have to get under the car and release the connector at the end of the hard plastic hose. Its against the firewall way at the bottom. There are two similar hard plastic hoses so be sure you get the right one. Now fish the valve and hose out from the trunk side and put in the new valve/hose. Be sure it threads through correctly along the bulkhead, there's a lot of hoses and wires in there.

I just zip tied the valve to the underside of the manifold.

2000 Boxster 2.7l red/black

Previous cars

1973 Opel Manta
1969(?) Fiat 850 Convertible
1979 Lancia Beta Coupe
1981 Alfa Romeo GTV 6
1985 Alfa Romeo Graduate
1985 Porsche 944
1989 Porsche 944
1981 Triumph TR7
1989 (?) Alfa Romeo Milano
1993 Saab 9000

Last edited by san rensho; 01-13-2014 at 12:17 PM.
san rensho is offline   Reply With Quote