View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 07:05 AM   #1
RaisedOnPorsches

1999 Boxster 2.5L Silver & Red 5-speed 82k IMS Retrofit Done - ***SOLD***

Greetings,

I'm very seriously considering selling my beloved 1999 Boxster in order to trade-up to a 993. This post is a first attempt to test the market for interest. However, I have the title in-hand and am able to move quickly if a motivated buyer approaches me. This car is based in the San Francisco Bay Area and I am looking for a cash-in-hand local buyer.

I've owned the car for 5 years and 57,000 miles. I've taken it to one DE and one AX. Otherwise all the mileage has been from freeway commutes and spirited weekend driving. This car has been PCA-member, enthusiast owned and maintained. It is a driver and not a garage queen. The car has never been in an accident and all body panels and paint are original.

Here are the details:
1999 Boxster with original 2.5L engine
Arctic Silver Exterior and Boxster Red Interior (classic Porsche color combo)
Approximately 82,000 miles (57k of which I've put on the car, used as a daily driver)
5-speed manual transmission
OEM Options Include:
- P63 Sport Package (17" Twists, Cruise Control, Windstops, CDR-220 Stereo and HiFi Stereo, Keyless Entry),
- Aluminum Door Trim Plates,
- Aluminum Look Instrument Dials
- Rear Storage Box
- Factory Hardtop

I also added:
- OEM Rear Speaker Kit
- Custom iPod/iPhone adapter
- OEM Speedster Humps
- Root-Transport System (OEM roof rack)

Mechanically this car needs nothing

Recent Repairs (last 2k miles) Include:
New rear tires (Sumitomo HRTZ III)
New brake pads - Front and Rear
New brake discs - Rear
New motor mount
Replacement center console box hinge
New Battery (as of Dec. 2013)
New Low-Beam Bulbs

Repairs that I've had done over my period of ownership include:
- LN Engineering Intermediate Shaft Bearing Retrofit, Rear Main Seal replacement, & Clutch (at approx. 55k, $3k in costs)
- Water Pump, Low Temperature Thermostat, and Boxster S Oil Cooler
- Air-Oil Separator
- Coolant Reserve Tank & Coolant Cap
- Passenger-Side Window Regulator
- Serpentine Belt Pulley/Tensioner
- Front Brake Rotors
- Mass Air Flow Sensor
- Several underbody trim pieces
- All major and minor services between 25k and present
- Oil changes every 5-7.5k with Mobil 1 0w-40

Condition:
Excellent running condition with a few cosmetic flaws. Exterior: Some minor scrapes on front and rear bumper from innercity parallel parking woes. Some curb rash on passenger-side wheels from single incident. Interior: Some slight snags in dash vinyl and a scuff on the backside of the drivers seat. Slight cracking on left bolster of drivers seat. Mechanically the car needs nothing and is ready to go for miles.

Other than the IMSB, Low Temp Thermostat, and S Oil Cooler, this car is completely stock. These few upgrades were done for reliability purposes. This Boxster runs strong and has never left me stranded on the roadside. Most repairs were done as preventative maintenance. This car started its life in Colorado, but quickly relocated to California. I am the fourth owner, though clearly the first three owners barely got to enjoy it.

Price:
***SOLD***

Last edited by RaisedOnPorsches; 03-16-2014 at 08:17 PM.
RaisedOnPorsches is offline   Reply With Quote