drbodzin
San Diego Boxster

Garage
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe82 View Post
Hi Guys.

Time to live up this topic!

After a looooooong wait and some serious ebaying, last summer I finally found a 2nd hand TPC Super Charger Kit for my Porsche Boxster 2.5 l (1997).

Unfortunately the kit did not come with the 7th injector or the piggyback.

Otherwise thanks to OhioBoxsters awsome topic got most of the installment process covered on a theoretic base at least, seems pretty straight forward.

I tried to contact TPC to get some additional info but they where not interested to help out, even if I was willing to pay for the installation instructions, oh well.

I've done some googlein about Piggybacks but need help on the issue.

Does anyone have info on where to purchase the piggyback and the 7th injector to run with the TPC kit?
Thanks to "tranceatlantic" I found: SMT6 .

Thanks
I'm in the process of doing a SC install as well. Installing Imagine Automotive Super Charger on my 1998 2.5 Boxster

I learned that Protomotive - Welcome to the Worlds Fastest Porsche Tuner is the company that TPC uses to do their tuning. So I called Protomotive - Welcome to the Worlds Fastest Porsche Tuner and spoke with the owner about getting my 1998 2.5 Boxster DME done and he said that TPC uses the UniChip (Unichip Automotive Performance - Homepage) piggyback for those installs. No need to reprogram the DME with the UniChip.

I was happy to hear that, as I had already bought an Apexi Neo AFC. But he told me that I would still need to get the timing adjusted. The UnChip does both Air/Fuel and Timing. So it sounds like a better choice. I found another solution for my timing so I don't have to get the DME programmed.

He also mentioned, that you would typically retard the timing 1 degree for every 1 PSI of boost. Does that sound about right?

1998 Black Boxster (owned since 2001)
drbodzin is offline   Reply With Quote