View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 02:24 PM   #1
Frank

Sleeves in all engines....

Hey Guys,
I'm sure most know about my engine problem threads but my search of a new shop earlier today led me to speaking to the service manager at a local porsche dealer.
This guy was the most honest dealer guy I have ever spoken with.He admitted that these engine fail early because the sleeved cylinders and he personally could not afford one of these cars himself with the low engine lives.
He said that even the engines today have sleeves in them,yes including the brand new ones in the new 2006 boxster.I know this does not moke perfect sense with what the people say about those being bad blocks but this guy had no reason to lie to me about that and seemed to know what he was talking about.
The sleeves are just pressure fitted according to him and are lasting slightly longer in the newer ones but eventually the end will be the same (new engines for everyone!).It is unknown why different engines blow at different times but they all have the sleeves according to him.
This is very scary to me so I hope someone could say he's wrong.I just couldn't believe how honest he was about admitting common problems.

Last edited by Frank; 02-16-2006 at 04:36 PM.
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote