View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #9
husker boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp17 View Post
Black Box what a dilemna. Good shoes to be in though. Seems like there are plenty of people selling there turbo models but I may be wrong. You would think that when someone puts that kind of time and money in a car like that, they would keep it forever. Regardless that would be a blast of a car. But like stated above, I get a great feeling dropping the top on a cool morning or evening where the weather is around 50-60 degrees with the heater going.

Husker we need more info on the two cars. Your living a a nice dream with both. Where I'm at, I rarely ever worry about someone cutting open my top. My Cdr24 is not that popular with me or radio thieves. :ah:
rp makes a good pt. It might be worth knowing how long all the mods have been in place. A few yrs ago, TPC turboing was all the range on Planet-9 (a mostly Cayman forum). Many ended up having issues. And not necessarily the kind of bottom end problems that arrise when you slap a turbo on. I don't recall all the stuff but several of the threads got nasty. But you would tend to be upset if you spent that much money and ended up with unreliable or undrivable car. These threads disappeared as TPC was a site sponsor. This particular Cayman could be fine, TPC may have worked out the issues, this one has had a lot of other items done internally. My advice would be to do your homework. Don't let the intoxication of 460HP cloud your decision making.

And since you asked rp, here's a bit of info on me. I bought my LE new 6 yrs ago this coming NY eve. A cpl mo later at a Porsche breakfast, one of the ladies in the club insisted I should do DEs with her. Punkin was too precious for that, being she's #5 of 250. So a cpl yrs later I bought an 07 CS with the intention of it being my DE and bad weather car. Did 2 DEs and had a blast. But Carmen was a bit shy on options so after driving Punkin and then driving Carmen, I would be wishing Carmen had bi-xenon headlights and sport exhaust. And I knew sport chrono would also be a good option for DEs (Punkin has SC). So my eye began to wonder. Found the 08 Cayman S Sport only 3 hrs away from me. Took me 3 mo to buy her but Sydney landed in my garage a yr ago this month. The PO had her 3 yrs but only put 7400 on. I've driven her that many miles in the 1 yr I've owned her. She has the 3 options I wanted plus PASM and 8 extra HP. She's a blast to drive at DEs. Plus she's won a cpl of trophies this summer in car shows. I plan to drive her to Monterey next June for the Porsche Parade.

When people ask me about the differences between the Boxster and Cayman, I tell them the Cayman feels more "athletic". The Cayman is also more practical - it can hold 2 sets of golf clubs. But who buys a convertible for practicallity? But that's really about it. When they're optioned the same, they're pretty close to being the same.

And yes, I live a very blessed and relatively easy life when my biggest decision in the morning is which Porsche do I drive to work?
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote