View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #7
runjmc2

I bought a similar one with 96K last year. If you can get it for $5,500 AND can perform basic maintenance it might be a good entry level Porsche experiment.

Given the situation, I went without a PPI but armed with research from this site, a flashlight, notepad and a lot of patience. If you do buy it realize that you have just rolled the dice and have a plan on what you will and will not do. At $5,500 IF you later discover it needs a lot....cut your loses and sell it. Worst case is the engine goes and you sell the roller for $3-$3.5K and you are out $2K for the gamble.

The worst thing you can do is buy it and then chase the maintenance and problems thinking "one more thing and I'm there and the car is good...." There are some epic stories on here where people have brought a "bad one" and just keeping sinking money into it.

This is a risky path and not for everyone. If you don't want risk and can't take a $2K quick loss, then look around, spend more, and get a PPI. I took a gamble, eyes open, and after a year I have 10K miles use with less than the $2K/year typical expense....
runjmc2 is offline   Reply With Quote