View Single Post
Old 02-15-2006, 10:15 AM   #1
ridercoach

Send a message via AIM to ridercoach Send a message via MSN to ridercoach Send a message via Yahoo to ridercoach
Newbie here, with some questions.. Please help..

Hello all,

Just want to introduce myself real fast. My name is Dave and im from Central Florida. I just recently purchased a 2002 Porsche Boxster with 32,000 miles on it, w/ the touring package 5 speed. This is my second Boxster, I used to own a 97 Boxster but I sold it only 2 months after owning it due to the birth of my child. Now im finally back in the swing of things. I have always loved the boxster and im happier than all can be now that im back in the seat of one, even if its a weekend car.

To who ever runs this site I want to say, GREAT JOB, your community here is very helpful and keeps the forum up to a good standard. I hope I can make a good contribution to this forum.

Now to my questions, you knew it was coming from a newbiee.

I do not ever remember seeing this on my 97 but on the 2002 there are two amber lights that I have no idea what they do, ( i searched the heck out of the forum before I asked this question), One light is located on the driver side door (i think there is on the passenger door also) behind the door handle and the other is under the overhead light beside the interior light switch. I asked the dealer at Maitland Porsche if he knew what this was and he did not know. But he was curious himself. Made me feel real confident with them. So if anyone has an insight on this please let me know.

The other question I have is the memory seats, my Boxster did not come with the owners manual, how do you program the memory seat to respond to the keys? I have 4 buttons on the memory seat function, one is a key symbol, a M for memory, and 1 and 2 buttons for memory. I figured out how to program the seat by the memory function but I do not know how to program it to work with the key. Any info on this is appreciated.

The last question I have is, can this car be any more fun? I love this thing, the drive the feel the looks, everything about this. Is there some sort of rehab I need to go to so I stop saying good night to the car in the garage?

Thank you in advance for any answers.

Dave
ridercoach is offline   Reply With Quote