View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #18
AKnowles

If you are not going to drive it, then it's just an expensive paper weight so sell it. On the other hand, if you have the opportunity then drive it every freaking day and enjoy the permagrin.

I am so bummed since my wife got a job about 15 minutes away form where I work. So now we commute. Mostly because we want to buy a house next summer and I am economizing. Of course, part of that is the option to biy another Porsche (maybe a 911/Cayman) so I'm living with the hardship. But when I get the chance - due to scheduling conflicts - the ride to/from work makes it all worthwhile. The boxster is a blast to drive!

I'll be honest with you though ... it's just a car ... it will get dirt, rocks, etc. passed it's way and it will deteriorate. But if you don't really drive it, then what's the point. I've considered this again in regard to another Porsche and regardless of the fact it may be a Porsche I will drive it. Whenever I d**n well please and the heck with the consequences to it's paint job or interior. I'm buying it to enjoy and I'm not the spend all my time polishing the car when I can be driving it type of person.