View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #3
dghii

We currently have both! My wife drives the 2004 Z Roadster we purchased back in late July. It is a touring package car with an automatic. My DD is a 2000S with 115K miles.

I'm not going to get into which is faster or which would 'smoke' the other. Both cars have enough power and are fairly quick. I find my S to be more fun to drive, period. The S still feels more like a true sports car, a go cart so to speak. The Z has a little more weight and feels like a nice touring car.

Both cars have thier share of faults etc. The interior material in both cars is made to guarantee that it will look scratched and worn in no time. I've already had the center stack out of the 350Z for sanding and respraying, while I have replaced scratched interior pieces on the S.

We drove the Z home from Altanta and it road/ran great and had decent room. The Z has the feeling of a car that will last along time without requiring a ton drama. The S has been a great car in the 5+ years I've owned it. Thanks to this and other forums, I do, however, worry about big ticket repairs cropping up

If I was shopping for another used sports car right now, It'd be another Box, hands down. My statement is in no means implying that the Z is not a good car, just not my personal preference.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote