View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
KevinH1990

I picked up my driver seat today. The swap worked, but the upholsterer said that there were some differences in the attachment methods. Here's a picture of the finished product:

Here's a picture showing the patch where the upholsterer had to cover the hole for the controls:

Here's a picture of the seat in the car. You can just make out the top of the patch above the center console. It's more obvious in the photo taken with flash than it is in person:

Here are a couple of pictures of the finished interior:

Note that the patch is not obvious from this angle.

The driver seat feels much firmer than it did and overall the conditions of the interior is better. If you are in a similar situation, I recommend doing this if you have a good, reasonably priced upholsterer. The one who worked with me indicated that this was not a straight swap and some modification was required. I'm not sure whether it is the difference in model year (my car is a 2000 and the seats were from a 2004) or because one set of covers was from a car with heaters and the other wasn't.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console

Last edited by KevinH1990; 12-16-2013 at 03:54 PM.
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote