View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #10
BRAN
WALDMEISTER

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickinduncan View Post
I put one of those modulating headlight things on my Goldwing so more people would notice me and I'd be safer on the road. Sounded like a good idea and it was also legal where I live. I only had it on my bike for 2 days when some guy in an old truck that was in front of me gave me a waving hand signal that indicated he wanted me to pull over. So I did. He threatened to punch my lights out (not the headlights) if I didn't turn them off. I ended up taking the module out as it didn't seem to enhance my safety, but made me a potential assault victim. Your results may vary.
"...not the headlights"?

You are right, results may vary, depending on what and where you install it
I tell you, once you have seen emergency pulse brakes lights in front of you...you want them, too...and not because of the cool looks

You just know instinctively...strobe/pulse flashing brake light...right into your eyes..."it is high time to put the pedal to the metal as hard as you can" (uhm...the brake one)...it can save lifes and $$$.

P.S.: From the manufacturers website
"Unfortunately, fatal accidents have become part of everyday life. Drivers who don’t concentrate or keep too little distance cause most of them. Is there anything you can do about it? Keep a safe distance to the vehicle in front of you – and retrofit the WAECO MagicSafe ABL 100 emergency brake light!
If you need to brake hard because of an emergency or hazardous situation, all three brake lights start flashing at a high frequency. The following driver is alerted: studies have shown that the reaction time of the person in the vehicle behind is reduced by 0.2 seconds. At a speed of 100 km/h that means the braking distance is actually reduced by five-and-a-half metres! Since February 2010 all vehicles newly registered in Europe have to be equipped with an emergency brake light. ..."

Last edited by BRAN; 12-14-2013 at 03:28 PM.
BRAN is offline   Reply With Quote