View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #8
BRAN
WALDMEISTER

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
Cops just love aftermarket light infractions as ticket bait; last August, a local community hosted a cruise night, and we ended up with more than a dozen cars left at the shop overnight because they had aftermarket HID kits (non projectors), which are also not legal in many states. Several car club member's went to court to fight the $150 tickets they had gotten, as well as having to stay overnight at a local hotel, and they all lost. The kits could not demonstrate DOT approvals, which makes them a safety violation at night. A lesson some should take note of, as we cannot pass cars equipped with aftermarket non-projector HID lights at inspection .
I am quite sure, that those strobe lights are illegal in Germany, too. Basically everything is illegal here, which is not officially certified (e.g. most interior LED lights, after market pedals, HID kits, or even an original Porsche AERO KIT, which is not properly installed, or just partially installed)...i would say like 95% of the after market stuff out there or 99% of the Chinese aftermarket stuff

BUT officially certified EMERGENCY BRAKE (strobe) lights are available from WAECO.
Those are required in new cars now anyways. I got mine installed from my Porsche dealer, just for safety purposes. Just imagine
Autobahn...high speed...hilly...curvy...TRAFFIC JAM

you'd better have good brakes and a car in front with emergency brake strobe lights

P.S.: It is a little black box, which checks several emergency break parameters of the car and then sends a strobe/pulse signal to the break lights

Last edited by BRAN; 12-14-2013 at 12:29 PM.
BRAN is offline   Reply With Quote