View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #44
Shehadehd

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
The Boxster design didn't really didn't have a barebones look about it all, that's just what the factory did to the design in order to profit from the upselling of Tequipment options. If anything I would consider the stock elements, both inside and outside, to be significant 'downgrades' of the 986 design. Just look at the concept car, the designer had very specific designs in mind, down to the little bridge over the dash gauges that only exist on the Boxster and don't fit into the 996.
I agree with you. To me, barebones is the base boxster or boxster S without any options or modifications. Regardless of whether or not it's what the designer envisioned... it's what we got. With that being said, the stripe feels out of place with that body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
And I don't think the lettering and stripes make the car look old-fashioned. I can't recall a single person saying that about the Boxster Spyder's stripes. It's a classic element of Porsches and there's difference between a classic and something old fashioned. Archie Bunker's plaid couch is old fashioned. The 1956 Eames lounge chair is a classic that looks good in any modern home.
I do agree that the Porsche font is the only way to go, I was commenting on the size of the font rather than the style. With so many boxsters out there and with myself owning a silver one, I feel as though whatever addition I install should have a personal touch to separate it from every other silver boxster out there. That's the motivation behind my post. I can't speak for those with black, red, yellow, blue boxsters... Just what I think pertaining to my particular one.

Now, you've got me wondering what the concept looks like... I kinda don't want to see it and get disappointed with how it turned out haha.
Shehadehd is offline   Reply With Quote