View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #1
newob

Talking Buying my first boxster

So after months of searching eBay, car.com, and craigslist, I found my Porsche. :dance:
I have put a 700$ deposit down on a 2000 Porsche Boxster S that has 33k miles on it. (Ii will pay remaining 15,000$ in cash in February).

I am a new Porsche owner and quite young. My wife and I are both nurses, and we both are 22 years old. The car has original paint, clean carfax, new tires, and has been in no accidents. It has Sportco racing seats and also includes the original leather seats in excellent condition.

The previous owner said he did the oil on it every 5k miles and had is professionally done. The plastic parts of the dash have been dipped in carbon fiber and the car has also been lowered closer to the ground - apparently with clamps on the suspension (I don't think I like that... )

As soon as I pick the car up in Atlanta in late January, I intend on doing an IMS overhaul ASAP. Although the car has no leaks and has been fairly well maintained, I DO NOT want to have to pay 7-8k for a replacement engine (on the cheap end)

the car drives and sounds great, do you guys have any suggestions for the first time Porsche owner? My friend would help me do the IMS install, and I would get the reinforced IMS from LNE for roughly 650$.

I intend on posting many pictures and staying an active member on this forum so that I can learn to do the maintenance myself ( I already called the dealer and they quoted me 2200 just for the IMS)

poll for if I should do IMS immediately.

ANY COMMENTS AND ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Last edited by newob; 12-21-2013 at 01:28 PM.
newob is offline   Reply With Quote