View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
KevinH1990

Seat Heater Install/Seat Leather Swap

I'm almost finished with my seat heater installation using Dennis Vogel's instructions:
Dennis Vogel: Projects - Boxster Heated Seats

Fortunately, I was able to find a good set of seats from a Carrera and saved quite a bit of money and a lot of work compared to doing the project from scratch like Dennis did. Here's a picture of the car during the installation:

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/KevinH1990/IMG_4551_zpsa9824aea.jpg

I now have 4 seats and of course 4 sets of seat covers on those seats. The conditions of the covers are:

1. Original Boxster passenger seat - 9 out of 10
2. Carrera passenger seat - 8 out of 10
3. Carrera driver seat - 7 out of 10
4. Original Boxster driver seat - 6 out of 10 (Due to wear on bolster)

It occurred to me that if I put the cover from my original passenger seat on the heated Carrera driver seat, that I would have best combination of seat leather in the car. I talked to a guy at an upholstery shop and he said he was willing to do the work for $100.

It appears that the seat cushions for the passenger and driver seats have the same part number and I assume the leather covers are identical for both the passenger and the driver seat.

Has anyone done this? Does my plan make sense?

I'm planning to sell the original seats when I'm done. The major flaw in the current driver's seat is some wear on the bolster, and I was planning to have that repaired when I do the swap. What would be a fair price to ask for the seats?
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote