View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
recycledsixtie
recycledsixtie

Garage
I had a slow leak in my rear blizzak ....

tire and did not get on it right away. Anyway I drove on it a short while and got home and it was flat. I had driven on it flat for a while. The rim is acceptable apparently. According to the tire shop the tire is toast and so I am going to get two new rear snow tires. I put the all season radial back on the right rear and was going to do the same to the left rear but the security key socket split trying to get the security bolt off and now I am stuck with a blizzak on the rear and an a/s tire on the other side until 1) I get to the Porsche stealership to get a new one. Are the key security sockets all the same - I have a 2001 base Box? I will ph tomorrow to see if the stealership has one.

and 2) is it okay to drive a short distance 5-10 miles to my indy shop to get new snow tires put on. They might have the key to get the wheel off. Am I correct in saying it will not harm the car with a 16 inch rim with blizzak on one side and a 17 inch rim with a/s on the other? If I had put on the mini spare on instead that would have been assymetrical as well so I like to think that assymetry on the differential/ cv joints is acceptable?

I will definitely get rid of the security bolts and put on regular lug nuts but I have to get the security bolt off first....

Thanks for your input in advance!
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote