View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #9
jcb986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
^ I may be wrong but I don't think your polishing step #4 is being done with an actual dedicated cleaning polish, that's a topper with some mild cleaners like many over the counter waxes. I only point this out because you went through the trouble of using a swirl remover (correction) after claying. A dedicated polish (cleaning) is typically the next step before sealing (filling) and or waxing (topping).
This is the mother's dedicated polish
Mothers® California Gold® Pure Polish - Step 1

Although I doubt you could tell a difference since you've already done most of the prep of claying and swirl-smoothing. I've only used a few polishes that actually made visible difference after similar prep. Werkstatt Prime was one and Sonax Polish was another. These tend be aggressive and thus are not sold over the counter like Mother's, Meguiar's, Zymol, etc. and are more expensive than those brands. But results for these stronger polishes are impressive for such little elbow grease, particularly on mettalics where clarity magnifies a good result vs. a good result with a flat color.
I found this worked good for me and I don't like using to strong of cleaners that erode the clear coat any thinner than if is. I want to Keep the paint in near perfect condition. When the time comes, I will have it sanded with 3000 grit and clear coated again.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote