View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 05:00 AM   #6
recycledsixtie
recycledsixtie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
Well, that seems to be the problem for me, you bid, you won, you own it. No chance for an inspection unless the seller states that you can. You can always try contacting prior to a bid to see if an inspection would be possible. As an FYI, I was looking at a pristine, one owner, supposedly well cared for Boxster locally that was also listed on eBay. While the car was getting its PPI, it was sold. Lucky for me, bad for the buyer because the inspection turned up some items that I would not be happy with. I told the seller the results, I don't know if he passed it on to the buyer. The car was to be shipped shortly.
I echo Bruce's sentiments. I once bought a Volvo P1800. Did not know much about cars then and discovered it was full of bondo to hold the rust together. I sold it at an auction because I could not look the prospective buyer in the eye. I see ebay the same way as a way to dispose of a car. However there could be some good buys there but I would never consider buying on ebay unless I could look the car over first before bidding and of course a PPI .
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote