View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 02:04 PM   #19
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller View Post
While I usually wholeheartedly agree with you JFP, based on one past experience I believe that the seller owes it to himself to be prudent about where and who starts digging into your car.

If it is an agreed upon shop with a decent reputation that's one thing, if not that is another. Where I live if you go to the online yellow pages (as of a few years ago in this case) and type in "Porsche Repair Shop" then the city where I'm at, that is how one prior prospective buyer decided on who was to perform a PPI. Got there and witnessed the shop "techs" spend 30 minutes trying to figure out how to change a front light bulb on a 996, I am not embellishing one iota. I walked out and drove home.

Have heard of a few other "issues" along these lines, never from a reputable shop though. I will continue to place REASONABLE boundaries to protect myself if I sell............
"Reasonableness" is the key on this topic, and as with most things, what is reasonable to one is sometimes questionable to another. In the case of a three hour drive, that lacks reasonableness; but at the same time having the seller tell you that the car can only be PPI'ed at the shop of his choice, or only certain things can be looked at, and worst of all, being told that only the seller can see the results of the check is just plain nonsense and completely unreasonable. And yes, I have seen these exact boundaries placed on more than one car.

If you can't come to a "reasonable" agreement on what the PPI will be, time to walk away..........

Last edited by JFP in PA; 12-03-2013 at 02:10 PM.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote