View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #10
scottvd

Garage
BruceH-
Sweet thread on the exhaust, looks like the mufflers + 2nd cat delete pipes is the way to go.. It'd probably be good to do this after some months of owning the car so I could further appreciate the before/after difference.

thom4782-
Yes, a PPI was already done just over a month ago at the local shop. I guess I had it in my mind that only the Porsche dealership could check for PIWIS/DME to see if there had been previous engine abuse. Am I right in that assumption or not?

thstone-
Thanks for the input. During the recent 60k maintenance there were some issues fixed like rebuilt bosch alternator, coolant tank leak, new battery, etc. From what I can see the rear tires have about 40% life remaining, fronts 75% (non-matching), and in a report the clutch was estimated at 40% wear.

As for what I'd do, based upon my reading here, I think when the clutch needs to be replaced I'd put in a SACHS and add the LN IMS retrofit for a softer pillow at night while we're there.

Thanks again everyone for the responses- looking forward to joining the club soon!
scottvd is offline   Reply With Quote